Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 ¾ cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup bitter-sweet baking chocolate, finely chopped
12 oz bag (about 2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar.
3. Add eggs and vanilla.
4. Gradually add in flour, baking soda and salt.
5. Fold in chocolate chips and chopped chocolate.
6. Using a medium sized scoop, place cookie dough balls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
7. Chill cookie dough in the fridge for about 20-30 minutes.
8. Bake for about 12 minutes or just until the edges start to crisp, but the top is still very soft. The cookies should look under baked when they come out of the oven.
9. Allow the cookies to rest for about 5 minutes then transfer to a baking rack to cool. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.